November, November! Three events stand out in November...I had a little birthday part (a month late), we went to the Renaissance festival, and Thanksgiving dinner.
So to start things off, my birthday party was great! Small, but fun! I had a tiramisu cake from Whole Foods. (It was very good, but a little heavy on the whip and less on the misu (or the tira), in my opinion. ha) But I got two birthday cakes this year! Who normally gets that?? ;-)
Later in the month, we went to the Renaissance Festival in Convington with some friends. It's pretty cool! I think it's my second or third time going. They have vendors, rides, and games. You can get some cool jewelry or hair pieces. Maybe a wacky hat or an swanky sword. Fun! You just have to have lots of cash. Everything costs something. The jousting was pretty cool, and I must say, they do get into it! There is no holding back when it comes to bashing Sir What's-His-Face in his face with a lance. (Eeeesh) At least they have armor! And tons of padding underneath, I'm sure. Oh, I rode this one ride with my friend, Rachel,...and...uhh. It was kind of, well, stomach flipping? Half of me was having a really awesome time-in spite of myself. The other half of me was like, "What is wrong with you?? You know you don't do spinning/twirling/churning-stomach-content rides!" But I did it anyways! And all of the rides are hand cranked or propelled by manual labor-or forces of nature...a.k.a. God's wonders. Like the ride that goes twenty to thirty feet up in the air and then just drops and spins down to earth in a plummeting spiral. Yeah, that's gravity having a field day. God's wonder knew no bounds that day. And uh, apparently neither did the color of my face. It was quite red when I descended from that ride. Oh! But I did get to try cheesecake on a stick. It was rather wonderful. A plain piece of New York style cheesecake, dipped in chocolate, and then wrapped in paper with an ice cream stick sticking out of it. That's a commercial opportunity waiting to happen! It was delicious, first of all, but second, people would so buy that! Like plain cheesecake is so out. But cheesecake on a stick is totally in! The public would suck that right up. Forget the lemonade stands...I'm going out with my cheesecake-on-a-stick wagon! Hehe, after the festival, we went out to Italian Pie for lunch. Yum!
And for the last thing this month: Thanksgiving was pretty small. Not like it is normally big, as just my grandparents come. But it always just seems small when they're not there... They didn't come this year because we were planning on going to see them at the beginning of December! (Doesn't make sense to make two trips so close together when you live so far away.) So instead, we had a friend and his father-in-law come visit us. It was wonderful! Thanksgiving is the one meal I would absolutely hate to eat alone. (Mainly because I need someone to keep me from eating ALL of the twice-baked potatoes, turkey, sweet potato souffle, and parker house rolls. Okay, and the cranberry sauce. I just need someone to save me from myself. Especially when it comes to the pies!) (Just kidding. [Maybe.])
So that was November! Stay tuned for the post in the Moments Missed Project: December!
D cake (duh)
Group photo
Entrance to the Renaissance Festival
My friend, Rachel posing with a reenactor
These are only about a fourth of all the perfumes in this little shop! So many. All of them are hand-made with original recipes! Some of them smelt pretty good. Others? Well it was interesting. I mean who truly knows what 'Geisha' smells like? Or 'Jumping jacks?'
This neat, little perfume shop! (Some of their perfumes are above.)
Just striking an awkward pose...
Let the jousting begin!
I thought these fans were cool. I could see a dance...maybe with Chinese dancers...using these!
Posing with masks at another shop...mine was slipping. hehe
Rachel goes for the lunar look...
The lovely lady...
Some dresses for sale in a clothing shop. I like the look! Somewhat different from the Civil War dresses I'm used to...
Okay. So not sure how the Mad Hatter fits into the Renaissance, but it was very hodge-podge/anything goes (as you can tell). I even thought I saw a guy dressed like he was from Star Wars! But kudos for his cool outfit.
In which we strike a pose with a wizard.
Group photo with a wizard in which we all look kind of lost.
Ta-da!
Pics afterward!
Rachel got these springy, super cool, I-wonder-what-that-stuff-is-made-of hair thingys/bungies. They were like fabric slinkies! And it just so happened to match her shirt later. Nice.
The ham before Thanksgiving dinner.
Ethan has a huge smile. And duck feet. And a tie that's too big.
Thanksgiving with friends!




























Looks like funsez!!! :D
ReplyDelete