I'm baack! Sorry for the break! I had a bunch of my posts written and ready to be posted, but then I started noticing some issues with my blog. Things I had recently posted were not posting, and I was having trouble commenting. I didn't really have time to go in and figure out what was wrong (since computer work always ends up taking more time than expected). So I just wrote my posts and saved them to be posted until I could fix things. Most of the bugs seemed to be squished, but I still can't seem to comment. Hmmm...
I guess we'll just have to see how it goes! Maybe it will decide to start working again. If not, I'll go in and figure it out.
So for today's post, we have Moments Missed Five: October. If you are wanting a nice long post with tons of pictures, then this is your day! If not, Sorry Charlie. Haha. There is so much to say about events in October! There were only two main ones, but each one was pretty big. First, was my sixteenth birthday. (Ooh yeah!) And then our church group came down to stay at our house. It was a blast! I got to see my wonderful freaky twin, Rachel, who I hadn't seen since April! That was a huge highlight. We camped in tents in the yard, had a campfire, and pigged out on a bunch of good food. Tons of fellowship and enjoyment!
So to start things off, my birthday. I did what any teenager would have wanted to do on their sixteenth birthday: I took the PSAT. Let me add that there is nothing more I thought of doing. Did I think of having a Psych marathon? Noooo. Did I want to eat tiramisu cake with a light caramel sauce and ice cream? Noooo. Did I think of going with friends to see Johnny English Reborn? Not at all. Of course I wanted to take a test where only 2,000 of the actual 2 million who take it get into the National Merit Program. A test with such a selective selecting process that I would probably not have a chance of winning a scholarship, unless I studied every blinking minute of every blinking day. Just peachy. As it was though, the test went pretty well, I think I did okay! And the day wasn't totally terrible. My sister and I went with a friend (who took the test with us) to Marble Slab. Yum! I got one of the cookie dough creations...I think. Cookie dough is good/okay-when it's made from scratch, if not, it has this alcohol flavor. Weird! I don't remember anything else interesting happening on my birthday. Wasn't the most fun day, but it got better. :-)
Now for our church group. My mom was in a frenzy getting the whole property in shape and the house cleaned up. I mowed 8 acres in one day!! Praise God for ZTR mowers... Looked pretty nice if I do say so myself! Everyone arrived on Friday and left throughout the rest of the week. There were so many kids e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e! Thank goodness I'm used to a big family. Our friend, Robert, surprised us in coming on Saturday! (Well, everyone but my parents.) They thought they were being so sneaky with their loud whispers that were immediately silenced anytime one of us came into the room. Heh. Heh. At least we didn't know what they were whispering about. At one time my dad even said, "Well I'll just brew this when Robbb..." My mom silenced him with an evil look. Ha I was in such a crazy frenzy getting ready, I didn't really notice tooo much. But now I'm like "SAY WHAA?! They were so obvious!" Any other day....any other day...but it is nice being surprised! I love surprises.We basically just camped, and hung out the whole weekend, and went to get frozen yogurt Sunday night! On Saturday night (I think), my mom surprised me with a cake from Marble Slab. It was wonderful! Monday held a crazy water balloon fight. YES. And one day, we even went and got beignets! But let me tell you, it was hard trying to keep up with Constitutional law and English class! It was like visit, visit visit! Hang out! Have fun! Noooo. Must. Read. Bill. Of. Rights. It was difficult, but I did it! Seventy-five pages in five days! And it was no walk in the park reading. It was that stuff that requires in depth note-taking. Now, I look back and realize how easy it was. I've done much harder in the last few months! But it was still an accomplishment worthy of notice.
So that was my outstanding October!
An "eh" picture of me...but it was taken on my birthday, so why not?
Mom surprised me with an ice cream cake from Marble Slab!
Eek! My face is so stinkin' shiny.
Outside under the fly...
Ethan and Zachary
Christiana and Gianna
Ethan and Peter
Joshua!
The girlies playing in the sandbox.
Levi & Zach
Cally :)
Boys practicing airsoft.
Rachel & I!
Kristina!
Eating frozen yogurt at Kandee's!
Okay. This has got to be one of my most favorite pictures! The lights, our expressions, the colors...p.e.r.f.e.c.t. Kudos to Ms. Lela for taking it!
Ms. Lela & Ms. Karen
Luke, Joshua, and David Jonathan!
Mom & Ms. Martha!
Kristina, Elisha, and Robert just chillin'...
Going-away pic! Last one before Robert had to leave.
Groggy Zach after a nap. ha
Ethan's natural face.
David Jonathan trying to get a frisbee out of a tree...
The eager onlookers....
Rachel swinging with Zach...
Silly faces...
Love this picture!
Looks like a painting...
Luke has that "What-are-you-doing-BRIT?" expression.
Brit
Zach chillin' in some kid's stroller.



























Love the pictures! Oh and btw I never took tHE PSAT with ya'll because of the horrible trashy finger length shorts I was wearing :P Remember?? LOL
ReplyDeleteOf course I remember!! I don't know why I said you did....I was kind of distracted and just put that I guess. I mean u were there so that's probably why. Ha
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Lots of fun memories!!! :D half heart FT!
ReplyDelete