30.1.12

Moments Missed Three: August

Here is somewhat less quiet month. I think the two biggest things that happened was that we went to a good friend's wedding shower, and that I went to the beach in the Gulf for the first time in at least four years! Not like I'm missing much, just murky ick-water. Ha, but for me, it's the only beach I have been to! Oh how I would love to see that clear aqua of the Caribbean or Florida! A beach where you can SEE where and what you stepping on. In the Gulf, it is like squish, squish, squish...ahh, nice sandbar...squish, ew muck, squish, ew muck...ahh firm sand! You get the picture...haha. A clear *clean* beach is definitely on the {Dream} list of places to go! Unfortunately, I don't really have any good pictures of the beach. I really wanted to take some photos, but it was terribly inconvenient, and my camera was having some issues! Oh well...all you're missing is yuck-water.
 Now I do have some pictures of the wedding shower! It was an "international" themed shower. So cool! I came looking very French (big surprise there!) and my friend, Sarah, came looking like she was from Hawaii. The bride-to-be actually was not at her own shower! (Yes, that's right.) It was my first bridal-shower-over-Skype! Definitely interesting and fun. The bride was in Colorado and couldn't make it down, so friends and family got together for a party before the family went to the wedding in Colorado. Creative, huh? They had a mannequin dressed up to look like Rissy, and someone opened her presents pretending to be her. Oh yes, there were some gooood laughs! Here are just a few pics. The quality isn't great at all, washed out or too bright, and I look kinda ick. Ah well, better some 'ick' than none. Wish I had more!


Andrea and I!


Aloha and Bonjour!

4 comments:

  1. i could sue you for publishing pictures of me without my permission!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha. Who? I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. I didn't post pictures of "anonymous".

    Hehe, I was going to email you and say "you're on the blog!" but I knew you'd check it sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont even look like that anymore. expect to hear from my lawyer. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! Haha the skype idea is VERY creative!! That's so cool.
    And LOL! on the beach thing!!! hahaha! All I've been to is Florida and NC. Both are awesome. And very pretty hehe ;) But I haven't been to Florida since Hurricane Katrina and last time I went to the NC beach was when the twins were toddlers sooo I completely understand ;)

    ReplyDelete