20.1.11

Lovely Day? Oooh yeah.

Today was probably one of the craziest days of my life. Okay, maybe not, but still. So....I was going to wake up at 6:30 and get stuff done until I had to leave for economics class @8. Well, I slept in. Until 7. Hmmmm...no getting stuff done. Lovely. After class  at 10:30, I got home at 11:45, got stuff together, and went over to my teacher's for violin lessons at 12:20. And I was all like thinking I was coming back home to grab my books and stuff for my biology class @2:30, but noooo-straight to class I go! Wonderful. So I had no laptop or folder. Thank goodness I brought my biology book and notebook-just "in case." Ha.
Well, we were going rock climbing later-at 5. So we needed to leave at 4:30. I ran home for 10-20 minutes after biology. Took a 7 minute shower. Ate a 3-min muffin. Put away 5-min stuff. Texted people, "I can't text" for 5-min. And managed to be 3-4 minutes late. ItDrivesMeNutsNotToHaveEnoughTimeToDoStuff. UHH.
Okay, now for the fun part.
 Today, as I mentioned earlier, I went rock climbing! For the first time. Ever. I was all like, "Yeah, rock climbing! Woo! Let's do this! I got my stuff put up in the locker, had my shoes on, and there's this guy showing Ms. Margie (a marvelous person by the way) how to be a "spotter." (You know...belay people from the ground.) Anyhoo, I'm all like "Yeah! Where's a wall?" Then I go over to Ms. Margie, and she wants to know if I want to do this wall, and she can "spot" me. So I'm like, "Sure!" Then, I look up. WOW. You know what? There, there was actually a wall right there. Heh. Heh. No joke. And, it was a big wall too. It didn't look like it played very nice. Now there's one thing you should know. I N.E.V.E.R. do stuff like that. Rock climbing? ehh. Roller Coasters? Nada. HUGE, DARK water slides? Zilch. Anything else involving ways to break bones, scrape yourself, and get beat up in general? Noo waayy. No I'm not spontaneous, and I do not live life on the edge. Sometimes I have moments where I'm so daring I definitely scare myself, and I thoroughly enjoy them. And I like trying new things... But overall, if it looks risky or painful, you can find me walking in the other direction.
So I'm like, "Ummm...this wall?" I guess it never occurred to me to think of the approximate size of the walls I was going to be climbing. I mean..pssshhht...a 40 ft. slanted rock wall for you to actually climb sounded like nothing. And then I stood in front of it. HA. Okay, so I then I realized that she was referring to a more "freakishly easy" wall.  Ohhhh kay. I'm good now.
 Oh and I just want you to know, should you go rock climbing,  the shoes they give you HURT. YOUR. FEET. I mean your toes are like all molded together when you take them off! "Where's my fourth toe???"
"Oh don't worry. It's probably wrapped around your big toe which is bent backwards so your middle toe can push down on your pinky so that it can make it impossible for your middle toe to unwrap itself from your big toe which is bent backwards...."
"Thanks. The relief I feel is just shocking. I mean, that really just makes me feel so much better now."  Don't be cool, people. Just bring your old tennis shoes and be normal, okay? Sure the "torture instruments" may make it easier to grab footholds, but if you can't feel your toes, what's the point? Don't suffer. Don't try to look glorious, because you're wearing climbing shoes 2 sizes smaller, since Chris von Hickler III (rock climber extraordinare) recommends it. Don't be macho. Say the freakin' shoes are murdering your feet.  Be comfortable. Be logical. And I promise, your toes will constantly thank you. Believe me, I know. Haha

Soooo for something new tomorrow morning we're going to Ihop! It just opened, and I have never been to an Ihop in my life. So hopefully it's good. ha..

7 comments:

  1. haha love the posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Love the toes part :D Wow, very busy day! Poor you :( Okay, so I don't blame you for not emailing me back ;) You are forgiven :D And sleeping IN at 7??? Excuse me while I laugh! hehehe! You know I'm just teasing :) <3
    But really? You're not the dangerous, risky type person? I figured you'd love that 40 ft wall! I woulda. I'm the livin on the edge, have fun or die type person lol! You gotta get in the adventure Ariyl or you'll never have any stories for your kids! hahaha!
    And really, not to ihop EVER? It's like the best breakfast place in the world! Better than waffle house :D
    Love it, keep postin'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee u made me smile! how was ihop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant tell u my nameFebruary 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM

    blog! blog! blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anonymous.. aw thank you! :)

    @Rachel HAHA...youarefunny.

    @secret person it was great!

    @i cant tell u my name
    I will! how do you like the changes?
    btw tell "secret person" and "i can't tell you my name said" that "andrea" needs to come back. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the new look!!! the background took about 1 min to load though. so cute!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you alligator! Would you like some jerky with that?
    haha...and hmm that's weird. It loads super fast for me...Let me know if you keep having problems. :) and thanks again. <3

    ReplyDelete